Book Stats: September 2015
And the ninth month of this year is over already! September was the month of the Boekenfestijn, the month of Elfia Arcen and Doctor Who! I bought A LOT of books this month, mostly because of the Boekenfestijn, and I will share them all with you in this post!
Bought at Boekenfestijn:
- On the top picture, you can see all my Boekenfestijn books. The middle picture are the comics/graphic novels and a picture book I got at Boekenfestijn. You can see the titles I bought there in this post!
- Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza – I always look at people’s bookhauls before I go to the Boekenfestijn so I can see which books they have and which ones I want on my to-buy list. Several people had this book in their haul and it’s a book I’ve had on my to-read list for a long time. Unfortunately, they didn’t have any copies on location anymore, but they did have some on their website, so I ordered it from there!
- Danger Boy: City of Ruins by Mark London Williams – I saw the second and third book of this series for .99 cents at the Boekenfestijn and on their website they had this fourth book. So I added it to my basket because why not? I’d have the series almost complete, and I didn’t pay more than 3 euros for three books, how awesome is that?!
- Wolverine: Prodigal Son by Anthony Johnston – I saw this comic on the Boekenfestijn website, but couldn’t find it in Utrecht at all. So I added it to my order on their website, because it was very cheap and I love Wolverine!
Books not bought at Boekenfestijn:
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas – Oh my gods I got so excited when this book got shipped! I hadn’t been expecting it to arrive on the day of release, but IT DID! I’ve already finished it and oh my gods I need more!
- The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan – I fell in love with this series this year, and I just couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book. I didn’t want to order it because of shipping costs and I’d have to wait, so I asked my friend who works in Amsterdam if she could check the ABC or Waterstones if they had this particular copy. And they did! So now I have this last book in the series, and I kinda don’t wanna read it. D:
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – CAN YOU IMAGINE MY EXCITEMENT WHEN THE DOORBEL WENT AND THE PACKAGE DELIVERER STOOD THERE WITH THIS BOOK FOR ME?! Oh my gods, I wasn’t expecting this until the 6th of October, mainly because I pre-ordered it along with Magnus Chase, which doesn’t come out until that date, but OH MY GODS. I can’t wait to get started in this book! But first I need to finish Library of Souls!!!!!!
- The Amazing Spider-Man DVD – I actually also bought a DVD this month, only I forgot to add it to the picture. I watched these two movies this year and really liked them – despite the spiders. So when I saw it at the shop for 2,49 I had to get this DVD, hahaha!
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs – OH MY GODS. When I was with my mum in Utrecht for the Boekenfestijn, we went to the Bruna at the train station as well. And there I saw this! A couple of days too early (it wasn’t supposed to come out until the 22nd, and it was the 19th that I got it).
- The Tolkien Lexicon by J.A. Something – I’d passed this book at the Boekenfestijn and put it down again, because it was 1. 10 euros, and 2. in Dutch. Then my mum told me she’d buy it for me, and that made me happy. It’s the Lexicon book I’d been wanting to buy for ages but never did because it’s expensive?!?!
- All By My Selves by Jeff Dunham – I saw this book at the Boekenfestijn and thought it might be a nice read for my dad, but yeah my dad doesn’t like reading at all – so I decided to claim this book, because I really think Jeff Dunham is hilarious (even though I do think his puppets are scary af, thank you R.L. Stine). I don’t think it’ll be a difficult read, but you’ll never know!
- Sing Down the Stars by L.J. Hatton
- Brazen by Christina Farley
- Earth and Sky by Megan Crewe
- Queen of the Deep by Kay Kenyon
- The Infinite Loop by Pierrick Colinet
- Jem and the Holograms: Showtime by Kelly Thompson
- Dead Girls Don’t by Mags Storey
- Unhidden by Dina Given
I don’t know why I went to Netgalley to get those books while I still have an enormous (digital) pile of Netgalley/Kindle books I need to read, but these titles all interested me and I don’t want to miss out on an amazing book anymore (I missed out on the third His Fair Assassin book because I waited so long with reading the second, meh). So yeah, that’s my excuse.
- The House of Hades by Rick Riordan | 5 stars | Review
- A Crisis on Both Worlds by Elisabetta Gnone | 3,5 stars |
- The Demon in the Wood by Leigh Bardugo | 4 stars |
- Welcome to Sorrow by Cameron Jace | 2 stars |
- X-Men: First Class (comic) by Paul Smith | 4 stars |
- Grimm Diaries Prequels 15-18 by Cameron Jace | 3 stars |
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas | 5 stars | Review
- Artemis Fowl Graphic Novel by Eoin Colfer | 4 stars |
- Wolverine: Prodigal Son by Anthony Johnston | 3 stars
- Amity by Micol Ostow | 3 stars |
Review(coming in October)
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs | 5 stars |
Review(coming in October)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Books read this month: 11 books read this month
Total books read so far this year: 93 out of 125 books.
Movies/TV shows I’ve seen this month:
- Supernatural Season 10 | 4 Stars
- Divergent * | 5 Stars | Review
- Kick-Ass 2 | 3,5 stars
- Welcome to the Punch | 3 stars
- Fantastic Four (2015) | 3,5 stars | Review
- The Jungle Book * | 4 stars
- Doctor Who Episodes 1 and 2 | 4 stars | Review
- Project T | 3,5 stars
Books I want to read next month: Six of Crows, The Sword of Summer, Carry On, Mila 2.0, The Blood of Olympus, Between the Lines, Kitty Hawk #3
Movies/TV shows I want to see/finish next month: Daredevil S1, Insurgent (rewatch), The Scorch Trials, The Martian, Pan, Crimson Peak, Once Upon a Time S4b + S5, Agents of Shield S3, Supernatural S11
BOOK JAR 2.0:
I started this month’s book jar book – Amity – a couple of days before the end of September, and had not at all expected to finish it before the end of the month – but I did. My review won’t be posted until the first of October though, so be on the lookout for that! Until then, here’s next month’s book jar book: