Gods of Olympus Book Tag
A while back, I found this Gods of Olympus book tag on ZonenMaan.net and decided to do it as well, because I love Greek mythology! I translated it from Dutch to English (obviously), so the questions might be formulated a bit oddly but I just didn’t really knew which words to use, hahaha! Anyway, here is my Gods of Olympus book tag!
1. Zeus: Your favourite fictional leader (good or evil)? Oh wow, ehm the first person that popped into my mind was Thorin Oakenshield, because yeah even with his mistakes and stubbornness (damn those stubborn dwarves), he is a great leader and he would have been a great king, if it weren’t for those STUPID BLOODY ORCS!!!!!! *waves fist at Bolg* *wraps protective blanket around Thorin*
2. Hera: Your favourite ficitional parents? Without a doubt Arthur and Molly Weasley. Reading about their family just makes me really happy and oh god I just love them so much!
3. Demeter: Which fictional food would you love to try out? Butterbeer, definitely. And Dauntless cake. And Firewhiskey.
4. Poseidon: A book that has water as an important element (in the setting or the plot): The only book I can think of from the top of my head is Wake by Amanda Hocking, because that book is about mermaids and of course mermaids need water to survive. Oh and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins I guess, because the arena was a jungle with a sort of lake/sea in the middle!
5. Dionysus: Which fictional character would you love to party with? Can I say Tony Stark? I will say Tony Stark because damn Tony that party in Age of Ultron?! I want a party like that! Also from what I’ve seen at HobbitCon, Thranduil is a very fun character to party with, basically any of the elves of Mirkwood are probably great party people!
6. Apollo: Name the first book of a series or an author (debut book) that you loved a lot: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo, oh I fell in love with that series after I read the first couple of chapters! After I saw the cover already actually because wow that cover! And I also fell in love with A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, y e s.
7. Artemis: Your favourite fictional heroine: Hermione Granger, Ginny Weasley, Celaena Sardothien, Katniss Everdeen, Feyre, Alina Starkov, all the (good) ladies from the Lunar Chronicles, yes there are so many amazing female characters, I love all of them!
8. Athena: Name a wise character: Gandalf the Grey is a very wise person, so is Odin from Runemarks and Dumbledore of course. See, all wise characters are old men with white/grey beards, hahaha!
9. Hermes: If you could travel to a fictional world, where would you go? My heart says Hogwarts but right now I am more thinking about how I want to be in the Marvel world, just because all the people there are awesome and I know that there will always be someone to save us normal people if all hell breaks loose *fingers crossed it will be Thor or Quicksilver 😉 😉 😉 *
10. Hephaestus: If you could make any fictional item (like a weapon), what would you make? I don’t know, I’d probably just make a timemachine or something like that, hahaha! I was going to say a TARDIS but apparently they aren’t built but grown. So I’d grow myself a TARDIS.
11. Ares: Your favourite fictional fight or battle? I’d have to say all the battles from the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit (though not the Battle of Five Armies because u g h), but that is mainly because of the movies.. The battles in the books are a bit dull tbh.
12. Aphrodite: Your favourite ship (OTP)? AMY AND RORY FROM DOCTOR WHO. Ok? Ok. And Fitzsimmons from Agents of Shield. I have only just started watching it but I want them together pls, they are so adorable.
13. Hades: You can get one character back from the dead by fighting Hades? Which character would you choose? The Durins. All three of them. I will fight Hades three times over this because I want my babies back okay. Thorin, Fili and Kili. They deserve to live. Thorin deserves to be king under the mountain, and Fili and Kili deserve everything in the world. And Dis deserves her brother and sons back okay? View Spoiler »Also Pietro Maximoff. BECAUSE WHY THE HELL DID HE DIE WHYYYYYYYY?!?!?! « Hide Spoiler
14. If you could be the Greek god/goddess of something, what would you choose? And would this fit your personality? The goddess of laziness probably. Or procrastination. Or books. Or cats (aka Bast from the Egyptian Mythology I guess). Or all of them together. Yes, that’s perfect. The lazy, procrastinating goddess of books and cats.