Top Ten Books Released in 2014 That I Still Haven’t Read
13th January 2015
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bloghop created by the people from The Broke and the Bookish, it has you making a top ten of (mostly) books with a different subject each week. This week it’s books released in 2014 that I still haven’t read. And that’s quite a lot, but I’ve limited myself to mentioning only ten books, and I’ll tell you really quickly why I still haven’t read them. Let’s go!
1. The Young Elites by Marie Lu – I haven’t read this one yet because first I want to finish her other book series, Legend. I am going to read Champion soon and then after that I will pick up The Young Elites as soon as I can because I really do like her writing!
2. Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott – I added this to my to-read list mainly because I was curious, but I heard from a lot of people it was just a copy of the Hunger Games with a bit of Pokémon thrown in. Still, I am very curious to see if those people were right, but I have yet to pick it up and actually start reading it (I did read the first chapter a while back, but then I decided to read another book instead).
3. The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski – I heard so many good things about this book, and mainly that and the cover were the reason I added it to my to-read list. But still, I haven’t read it, mainly because I just have SO MANY books I still need to read that I usually just pick up those of authors that I know and like.
4. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings – Kind of the same reason as the Winner’s Curse, I decided I’d rather pick up books of authors that I relaly really liked for a while, and so The Murder Complex kind of got thrown into the void of ‘books that I will read one day’.
5. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi – Can you believe it? No, neither can I. I really enjoyed the previous two books in this series, and yet I STILL HAVE NOT READ THE FINAL BOOK! This perhaps because I couldn’t find it when I went to Waterstones in Newcastle at the beginning of last year, and then I just decided I’d buy it later. But later never happened, and I still haven’t read it. Oh well, one day.
6. Panic by Lauren Oliver – I loved the Delirium series (kind of ironic, huh), and when I found out she was writing a new book, I almost immediately added it to my to-read list. But every time I saw it at bookstores I decided to not buy it because of various reasons (not enough money, wanting to buy another book, wanting to buy a paperback instead of hardcover, etc, etc).
7. Landline by Rainbow Rowell – The main reason I haven’t read this one is because it’s more of an adult novel than a YA, and I am used to Rainbow’s YA stories but I am a bit scared that her adult novels will be COMPLETELY different. So yeah, still haven’t read it!
8. Half Bad by Sally Green – I have actually tried reading this one, but I couldn’t really get through the first couple of chapters easily, so I put it down again and picked up a book that I was sure I would enjoy. And to date, I still haven’t picked up this book again. Why? No idea, maybe I’m afraid I will hate it in the end even though almost everyone seems to love it.
9. Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira – Again a book that I swept aside to read books that I wanted to read more than this one. I am very curious for this one though, but I have also read some negative reviews about it as well. I’ll see..
10. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson – And the same as LLttD; apparently a lot of people loved this book but I just haven’t picked it up… For no real reason actually, I just didn’t really feel like reading it? Maybe I’ll just go for it this year, we’ll see!
And those were the books that were released in 2014, but that I still haven’t read! I will go and read some of these as soon as possible, but for now I’ll just stick to the books I have on my ‘To read in 2015’ list! What about you, which 2014 books do you have on your Top Ten list? Leave your list or a link to your blogpost in a comment!