Top Ten Characters I Wish Would Get Their Own Book
11th November 2014
I always love it when an author decides to write a story or even a whole book from the point of view of a different character. Like Four from Veronica Roth, or Just One Night by Gayle Forman. Even if it are just short stories, like the Delirium novella’s or the novella’s from the Selection, I love reading those. This week’s Top Ten Tuesday subject is my top ten characters I would love to see get their own book or novella. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the people from The Broke and the Bookish.
1. Fred and George Weasley from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – I would LOVE to read about their first two years at Hogwarts, and basically just the other five years as well; from their point of view. All the shenanigans they do, all the jokes they make, all the pranks they pull. I would also like to see a story from George’s POV after the Battle of Hogwarts, even though I already know that would HURT. A LOT.
2. Nehemia from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – From her time back in Eyllwe, before she met Celaena, I just loved Nehemia and I miss her a lot and I would just love to read more about her. I really liked reading The Assassin and the Princess, but after finishing that I was like ‘but who cares, no big deal, I want mooooooooooooooooooooore’! I just want a whole book written about Nehemia, okay?
3. Johanna Mason from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – One of my favourite characters in the books, and in the movies, and I just want to learn more about her. I want to see her games from her point of view, how she decided to play a crying little weakling and then transforming into the ruthless killer she actually was. Yes I would pay all the moneys to read about her games!
4. Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan – It would probably be all about archaeology but I wouldn’t care because a book about Annabeth! ANNABETH CHASE! *cheers*
5. Marlee from The Selection by Kiera Cass – I wasn’t very fond of the Selection series, but one of the few characters I really liked was Marlee. I was a bit sad when she left and I really just want to read more about her. Not necessarily from her time before the Selection, perhaps afterwards would be nice as well. I believe Kiera Cass is writing a novella about her, named The Favourite, and I just can’t wait to get my hands on that one!
6. Isaac from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – We all know that Hazel wasn’t going to live very long after Augustus died, so Isaac would have been alone after that. I just want a story of him coping with the loss of not one but two of his friends and just… Ugh… I don’t know, I just want more Isaac (I really liked him in the movie).
7. Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – Another Harry Potter character, but hey she’s my favourite. I want stories of her before Order of the Phoenix and of after the Battle of Hogwarts. I want to read about her marrying Rolf Scamander, about going on adventures with him and finding all kinds of fantastic beasts. I want more Luna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And I think Evanna Lynch would agree with me).
8. The Darkling from The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo – I don’t always ‘fall’ for the villain in the story, in fact I usually just hate them as much as the main character does. But yeah the Darkling just has a special place in my heart (maybe it’s just because I pictured him as Richard Armitage the first time I read him, but shh). I would love to read stories of him before the Grisha trilogy happened, and I know there is an exclusive short story in an edition of Ruin and Rising that is about him, and I am just really sad I don’t own that copy (but as far as I know it’s only available through the website of Barnes and Nobles and their shipping costs to my country are hiiiiiiiiiiiigh).
9. Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien – My dearest Sam. I feel so bad for him, his lover best friend left him to go to the undying lands, and he’s stuck back in the Shire with a wife and a couple of kids. I want stories of him going on adventures of his own, of him telling his children about his big adventure with Mr. Frodo (there is a game where he does this and that just makes me really excited); I just want more of Middle Earth, but yeah we all know that is not very likely to happen anymore. :C
10. The Marauders from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – And the third Harry Potter character (or well, group actually). From their time at Hogwarts, and possibly during the first wizarding war, I just love these guys (Peter Pettigrew not so much though), and I just want to read about their adventures at Hogwarts. I loved the little prequel featuring James and Sirius, but yeah it wasn’t a lot and I just want more of the Marauders! *gives J.K. puppy eyes*
Anyway, that was my list of characters I would love to read a book/story about, what are yours? Leave a link to your post in a comment, or just comment with your characters if you don’t have a blog/don’t participate in TTT!