I love rereading books, especially when there’s a movie coming out, or a new book in the series. I usually tend to reread books when the movie is about to come out, just because I want to know how the story went again and not necessarily because I want to see the differences between the book and the movie. This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is about my top ten books I want to reread. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish.
1. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien – I think I first read these books (or well, just The Fellowship of the Ring) when I was fifteen, I got to borrow my physics teacher’s book because I’d told him I wasn’t allowed to borrow my sister’s copies. At the beginning of last year, I read ebook version of the series, and at Christmas last year I bought myself the physical books. I still haven’t reread them though, the only thing that’s happened, is that I’ve read some of the appendices at the end of Return of the King. I’ll probably reread them at the beginning of next year, and watch the movies afterwards.
2. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien – I love this book, I absolutely love it. I didn’t hear about it until the first movie was about to come out, but I immediately bought it (because it’s Tolkien, and I loved LOTR) and read it, and I fell in love. I am going to reread this book at the end of this month because of the third and last movie (The Battle of Five Armies *sob*) coming out in December. Though I can’t wait to dive into the world of this book again, I am also very sad because this will probably be the last ever Middle Earth movie and this last movie is just going to be extremely sad, meh.
3. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins – I know these books by heart already, so I don’t really need to reread the entire trilogy before a movie comes out, though I’d love to (but I don’t have the time right now). The movie is coming out in two weeks (or well, I’d be seeing it in two weeks and about eight hours), and I just want to reread the book and prepare myself for this movie.
4. Shatter Me & Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi – Yes, shame on me, I STILL haven’t read Ignite Me; but I am planning on doing that very soon. But first I’ll need to reread the first two books in the series, because everything has slipped away from me. I just remember the whole love triangle and that’s about it. Oh well, it’ll probably come back to me soon!
5. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling – Though I had a hard time getting through this book the first time I read it, I would like to reread it, because there is a TV show coming out based on this book. I don’t know when it will be released, I am guessing somewhere in 2015, but I just feel like rereading this book because it’s Rowling.
6. The Name of the Star and The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson – Jack the Ripper-inspired murders, a boarding school in London and a mysterious group of people hunting ghosts? That sounds like my kind of story! I loved both these books, and though the second one ripped my heart out and let a car drive over it, I NEED the third book which is called The Shadow Cabinet (and I just found out there is going to be a fourth one?! OMG?!). Before that one comes out, in February next year, I will reread these two and hope the second book hurts less this time (probably not).
7. Across the Universe series by Beth Revis – I fell in love with this book series the way you fall asleep, quickly and then all at once. I was sold at the moment when I read something about space travel. I LOVE spacey wacey stuff and this story was just amazing. It took me a while to read the rest of the series though, and I still don’t own them as physical copies, but I am planning on buying the other two books asap and then I will reread this amazing series!
8. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – The Infinite Sea has been released already, and I still don’t own it. Maybe because I just want to reread the first book to freshen up my memories; I loved this book, because it had aliens and I haven’t really found any amazing YA books about aliens yet, apart from this one of course. So I NEED to reread it before I get my hands on the Infinite Sea!
9. The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure by James Dashner – When it was announced there would be a Scorch Trials movie, I knew I had to reread the book. I had reread the Maze Runner before that movie came out, and I just love rereading books before movies/tv shows are released. So yeah, Scorch Trials and Death Cure are definitely on my to reread list! (I still don’t own physical copies of both TST and TDC, so that’s why TMR is in the picture)
10.Splintered and Unhinged by A.G. Howard – The third and final book in this series is released in… January I think… and I would love to reread these two books first before I plunge into Ensnared. I love these books, I love the creepy Wonderland world that A.G. Howard has created, and though I would love to get my hands on that third book, I would also be sad to let these characters go.
So, what are the books you are dying to reread? Leave a comment with the link to your post, or just the titles of the books if you don’t participate in TTT!