Happy Halloween, y’all! I hope everyone’s having fun dressing up and having parties.. I myself will go to my very first Halloween party EVER (yes, we don’t really celebrate it in my country) and I STILL don’t know what I want to dress up as. Anyway, I found this book tag on De Lady Library, who got it from Katytastic on YouTube. Basically, you have to pick your favourite book that features the creature mentioned. I have decided to also add movies/TV shows just because.
1. Vampires – I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of vampires. It’s all because of Twilight which kind of ruined vampires for me. But I’m starting to like them a bit more. So I want to tell you the TV show that made me like vampires again for the first time: Being Human. And then I am talking about the UK version with Aidan Turner, Lenora Crichlow and Russell Tovey as the vampire, the ghost and the werewolf. I just loved this series, and I really loved their vampires (okay I loved Mitchell and I hated the others, shh). I have to admit, I stopped watching after Aidan (Mitchell) left the show, but I am planning on watching at least the fourth season.
As for books, my favourite vampire book that I’ve read so far is Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I couldn’t really get into it the first time I read it, but when I got a physical copy rather than an ebook I decided to try it again and when I finished it I really liked it.
2. Werewolves – Yeah, well I am going to have to say Harry Potter, both filmwise and bookwise. I love Remus Lupin, he is my favourite DADA professor and my second favourite Marauder (Sirius is the first). Though after Twilight, werewolves were abit ruined for me, Lupin always had a special place in my heart. (And so did George from Being Human).
3. Zombies – Okay, yes, I’m going to say it: I hate zombies. To me, they are the Umbridge of mythical creatures, and I would love to avoid them like the plague (which is probably a good idea because I don’t want to become a zombie either). But there are two books, and one movie about zombies that I really enjoyed.
Warm Bodies, by Isaac Marion- because it’s so different from the usual zombie story. Kat, the creator of this tag, said that Warm Bodies was like a Romeo and Juliet story but with zombies. I like that, even though I’ve never read the original story nor seen a movie about it (shame on me…); the thing is, this story is written from the point of view of the zombie, not of the people trying to kill them. And that’s what I liked about it. I liked the movie as well!
And then there’s This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers. This book is nice because even though it’s a zombie book, you hardly see the zombies at all. It’s more a story about a couple of teenagers trying to survive inside their school, rather than them killing every zombie they cross paths with. I wasn’t happy with the ending but I heard there is going to be a sequel (a novella, though)..
4. Ghosts – My favourite ghost movie has to be The Conjuring. I thought it was an amazing but also very scary movie. I couldn’t sleep for days after watching it, and I even watched it twice (which I hardly ever do with horror movies). Bookwise, I am going to have to chose Say Her Name by James Dawson. It’s about Bloody Mary and it’s AMAZING! I loved reading it and though I didn’t really get very scared of it, it was very thrilling!
5. Witches/Wizards/Spellcasters – The obvious choice would be Harry Potter, of course, but let’s not go for that. For movies/TV shows I am going for Hocus Pocus which is a movie I have loved when I was a kid and one that I am definitely going to rewatch very very soon.
And when we’re talking about books, I can’t really think of anything else other than The Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, because they have Gandalf the Grey and Saruman the White (and I think Radagast the Brown is mentioned as well); I love Gandalf and I hate Saruman but they are wizards and they are freaking awesome!
6. Fairies/Fae – I have to admit, I don’t remember reading any books about fairies or fae, apart from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. Though they aren’t really there in the first two books I just love them existing in that world and I’ve heard they get a bigger role in Heir of Fire, which I am reading now!
Also, I haven’t watched much with fairies in them, but I do remember them being in Once Upon a Time, which is a show I’ve enjoyed very much and still need to continue watching. I was going to meet the Blue Fairy at RingCon but she had to cancel unfortunately. Oh well.
7, 8. Demons & Angels – Yeah, I am going to put them together because there is one TV show that made me like demons and angels (or well, ‘like’…), and that is Supernatural. I have just finished watching season four, and I can’t wait to get started with season five asap!
Unfortunately I can’t think of any books I liked that have demons or angels or both in them, so I am just going to leave this blank. I have actually been avoiding YA books about angels, because there are so many and they’re starting to become the new vampires and werewolves right now. Oh, wait no! There is actually one book about angels that I liked, loved even. Except these are a different kind of angels; weeping angels. It’s the book Touched by an Angel by Jonathan Morris, a Doctor Who book that features these horrible creatures.
9. Aliens – OOOOOHWEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOH, yeah well – the obvious answer for this is Doctor Who of course. Both bookwise and TV/moviewise (ok I STILL haven’t seen the movie shame on me). My favourite Doctor Who books have got to be The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner and Touched by an Angel by Jonathan Morris. As for favourite episode, I’m not even going to start about that. I love every season, though I think my favourite still is season two (I’m a huge Ten/Rose shipper).
I also loved The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, it was just an amazing story and an incredibly rollercoaster ride and I loved every bit of it. I can’t wait to get my hands on the sequel, which has been released already but I STILL DON’T HAVE IT!
10. Humans with superpowers – I used to love Heroes a lot, when I was younger. Watched every episode when it was on TV but then I just stopped watching. I don’t know why, but I never really went on with watching. But I just loved those people and their superpowers, even though some of those powers weren’t really that amazing. But yeah, one day I will continue watching.
As for books, I love Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and its sequel Hollow City by Ransom Riggs. These books with their creepy pictures made me a bit scared at some point (THERE WAS A CLOWN), but I loved both books equally. I can’t wait for the third book, can’t wait to look at all those amazing pictures and continue reading the story.
And that was my book tag, did you fill in this tag as well? Send me your post in a comment! (When I finished this post, I decided I was going as Castiel to the party, but I am bringing my Weeping Angel mask so I’ll be Weeping Cas).