Ten Places Books Have Made Me Want To Visit
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and has a different subject every week. This week’s subject is my top ten places books have made me want to visit; either fictional or real locations. Let’s go…
- Hogwarts/Scotland (Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling) – Simply because I want to get sorted for real (and see if I really belong in Slytherin), and I just want to get lost inside the castle, and meet all the teachers, the ghosts and of course the students.
- Middle Earth (The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien) – I want to walk around in Rivendell, and Lorien, see the dwarf kingdom of Erebor, and have an amazing party in Hobbiton; I would even love to see the ruins of Mordor and Isengard..
- Ravka (The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo) – I fell in love with Ravka and its surrounding countries while reading the Grisha Trilogy. I’d love to walk around there, drink kvas and learn their language; and meet the Grisha of course!
- Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis) – Narnia is magical, with their talking animals and their strange entrances; I want to crawl through the back of a wardrobe and find myself in Narnia and meet Aslan and the Pevensies!
- Luna (The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer) – Though I’d rather not visit it while Levana is ruling, I would love to see this amazing world created in the Lunar Chronicles. Even though the moon has kind of been ruined for me by the Doctor Who episode ‘Kill the Moon’ (The moon’s an egg!).
- Erilea (or just Adarlan) (Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas) – Another amazing world like Middle Earth that I’d love to visit. I want to meet Celaena, Dorian, Nehemia and Chaol and just have a blast with them!
- The Land of Stories (The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer) – I’d love to visit all the kingdoms, and meet the kings and queens and go on the same adventures the twins went on! My favourite kingdom would be The Fairy Kingdom I think..
- Australia and New Zealand (Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden) – Though I would not like to visit their Australia/NZ, I would still love to visit both countries. New Zealand mostly because it’s incredibly beautiful and it’s the country of the Hobbit and LOTR and yeah Australia is just another country you must have visited in your life (though I’m not a big fan of all the deadly creatures they have there… Brrrr)
- London (Shades of London by Maureen Johnson) – Can you believe I’ve never been in London? Okay, once, but the only thing I’ve seen then were the airport (Stansted), train stations and the tube. Because we had to go to High Wycombe and then to Cardiff; and then the next time I went to the UK we took a plane to Bristol and then we went to Wales so yeah. London, one day I’ll come for you!
- Förening (Switched by Amanda Hocking) – I wasn’t a huge fan of this book series, but I would definitely love to visit the troll kingdom because from what I read it looks amazing!
So these are the places that I would love to visit! What are yours? Leave a comment with a link to your TTT post!