Book Stats: April 2014
Another month gone, one where I didn’t really buy any books. I do have some exciting to show you, so I’m just going to do that now!
Books bought, received
- In De Ban van de Ring (The Lord of the Rings) comics, part I, II and III by J.R.R. Tolkien
I bought these three beauties on the King’s day market, they are based on the cartoon movie that came out in the 70’s, which I happened to have bought a VHS of last year during the Queen’s day market. I saw these, and I just knew I had to have them, they were a euro a piece, which I thought was a fair price; seeing as they aren’t in super condition. I looked it up on the internet, and one of the websites I found sells the cheapest one for €7,50 (the most expensive one is €15). Wooooop!
- The Legend of the Holy Drinker by Joseph Roth
Like I said in my review of this book, I’d won it because I’d filled in a survey from the publisher. I had no idea which book I had won so I was surprised when this little book arrived. As much as I would have loved to like it a lot, I just wasn’t a fan of the story, but it was told in a (in my opinion) unique way!
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Now I didn’t get it signed by the author, of course, seeing as he passed away even before I was even born, but at HobbitCon I did get it signed by his great grandson, which I think is close enough! I also got it signed by two of the actors in the Hobbit movies, Dean O’Gorman (Fili) and Jed Brophy (Nori), and the founder, owner and creative director of the company that had made most of the beautiful things in the Lord of the Rings ánd Hobbit movies, Richard Taylor of Weta Workshop. I just felt like showing this to you!
Books read this month
And I read several books this month. The italicized titles are books I am still reading.
- John Winchester’s Journal by Alex Irvine | ★★★★☆ | Review
- 11 Doctors, 11 Stories by various authors | ★★★☆☆ | Review
- Only Human by Gareth Roberts | ★★★★☆ | Review
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling | ★★★★★ | Review
- The Legend of the Holy Drinker by Joseph Roth | ★★★☆☆ | Review
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
- The Trials of the Core by Michael E. Thies
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
So, that’s three full books, and twelve short stories. Thanks to those eleven Doctor Who stories, I am ahead of schedule now for my reading challenge. Some of you might consider that cheating, but hey it’s not my fault these stories were released a month at a time before the full book came out! Which books did you buy and read this month? Tell me in a comment!