I was inspired to do this post after this week’s Top Ten Thursday, which is the Dutch version of Top Ten Tuesday organized by De Lady Library (which is definitely worth a visit if you’re Dutch); their subject was ‘Books I read in one day’. Seeing as I only blog in English (and already participate in Top Ten Tuesday), I don’t post TT Thursdays, but I really wanted to do this subject. Because sometimes, when I really really like a book, I finish it within a day (or actually, within twenty-four hours). I have made a list of those books, and came up with six (there might be more, but these are the ones that I actually have on my shelf). SO here we are, the six books I read within twenty-four hours!
1. Outside In by Maria V. Snyder – When I spend an entire way without being on the internet, I decided to read a book. I chose Outside In, mainly because I had just bought it. The reason I read it so quickly was because I had no distractions (or well, plenty of distractions but no internet, which is always my main distraction when I’m reading), and because it was in Dutch. But that was also one of the reasons I didn’t like it very much, because the Dutch translation sounded way too childish.
2. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer – I got this in the mail on a Tuesday or a Friday, and I finished it that night. It was very simply written, but also very thrilling, and I just completely ignored everything and everyone to finish this book. I am now a big fan of this series, and of the author, and I really can’t wait to get the last book of this series in my hands (I am waiting for the paperback to be released, because I have the rest of the series as paperback and I don’t want to add a hardcover to it).
3. Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins – When I finished The Hunger Games, I was hooked. I immediately ordered both Catching Fire and Mockingjay from Bol.com, which luckily delivered the next day, and started reading CF immediately. Since CF ended in a cliffhanger, I started Mockingjay right after I finished it and I think I might have spend a bit more than 24 hours on these two books, but wow.
4. Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers – This book was very easy to finish within a day, mainly because it was so simply written. The story was told from messages on the refrigerator, and still it was such a good story. I even shed some tears near the end.
5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – I had heard a lot of good things about this book, and decided to check it out when I saw it at the store. And wow it was good. I probably didn’t cry as much as everyone else did, but I loved it very much! This is also one of the few books I own in hardcover (not that that adds anything to the reason I read it so fast).
So here we are, the six books I finished within twenty four hours of starting them! Do you have any books you read so fast? Share them in a comment!