And that’s October done! This is the first month that I’ve actually managed to buy only two books (and a notebook)! There just weren’t really that much books that I was interested in, and I have a lot of books on my shelf already that I need to read first before I can buy new books.
- The Pocket Scavenger by Keri Smith | I don’t even remember when, but I once bought the ‘Wreck This Journal’ by Keri Smith, because it just sounded cool. And it was, I had a lot of fun wrecking the journal, and I wanted a similar book like it. Keri Smith has made a couple of books like this, and I just couldn’t chose which one I wanted. There was this cool book with lists, but I couldn’t find it anywhere except for Bol.com, and then only in Dutch. Eventually, I went for the Pocket Scavenger, because I also like to collect things. Though I will probably not paste everything I collect into this book, I will hopefully enjoy it as much as the Wreck this Journal!
- Moleskine Book Journal | A while ago, Rosanne from The Style Submarine said she’d bought a Movie Journal, and added a link to the website of Moleskine, something I had heard about a lot of times before, but I never really understood what people loved about it so much (I thought it was just expensive notebooks). I went to the website and saw they also had a Book Journal, and I just really liked it. Only I still thought it was a bit expensive. Rosanne then told me they had them at the Book Depository as well, though still around 16 euros. I added it to my wishlist and decided I would buy it later. A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from TBD saying that a book in my wishlist had become cheaper, and it turned out to be the notebook. It had gone to about 8 euros and I rushed to order it. Which was good, because a couple of hours later it was back to 16 euros. I have decided to only add my absolute favourite books to it, because I do not want to ruin it.
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth | I have waited so long for this book! Ever since I finished reading Insurgent, I just couldn’t wait for the last book in the series, though I also didn’t want it to end. The release date was set for 22 October 2013, and I decided to pre-order it on Bol.com as soon as I could. Only they cancelled the order (again, like with Insurgent) so eventually I decided to order it from Amazon. At the beginning of this month, I went and checked my order and saw it would arrive between 28 and 30 October, which made me a bit sad because there was a reason I pre-order stuff sometimes, so I could get it on the day of the release (or at least one or two days after if it really has to), but this meant I had to wait another WEEK before I could read it. Eventually, it shipped on the 24th, and I got it on the 26th. I have just started reading it and I have really liked what I read, though I am also very nervous because I’ve read a lot of reviews about people who were disappointed.
I have also received a couple of books through NetGalley.
- Cursed by Lizzy Ford
- Helen and Troy’s Epic Road Quest by A. Lee Martinez
- The Panem Companion by V. Arrow
- Sia by Josh Grayson
- Faery Worlds (Six Complete Novels) by Various authors (this links to the first book of the six)
- Halloween: Magic, Mystery, and the Macabre by Various authors
- External Forces by Deborah Rix
And the books I read this month, and those that I am currently reading. The books I’m currently reading are italicized. (I haven’t read much books this month, because I had a bit of a reading slump, I couldn’t get myself to continue reading a book, it might be because of A Game of Thrones…)
- Streaks of Blue by Jack Chaucer | ★★★☆☆ | Review
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams | ★★★★☆| Review
- Legend by Marie Lu | ★★★☆☆| Review
- Ascend by Amanda Hocking |★★★☆☆ | Review
- The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson | ★★★★☆| Review
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★☆ | Review
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (narrated by Roy Dotrice)
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
And I have decided to pick 10 more books from my bookjar, so the total would come to 20 books, and after this I am going to stop taking books from the jar every month. Until I have read at least 15 of these books, I will not add any more to the list. I have now read 6 books off the list. You can find the complete list here. And here are the latest picks:
- Forgotten by Cat Patrick
- Lies by Michael Grant (Gone #3)
- Timeriders by Alex Scarrow
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- Firelight by Kristen Callihan
- Paper Towns by John Green
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- White Horse by Alex Adams
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
- Genesis by Bernard Beckett