I have seen a couple of posts about this on several blogs, and now I got nominated myself! The Liebster Award is a neverending sort of ‘tag’ (like you see on Tumblr sometimes) for upcoming and/or small blogs. When you get nominated, you answer eleven questions, think of eleven questions yourself and nominate eleven people. I was nominated by Rosanne from The Style Submarine!
Mention the blogger who’s nominated you
Answer the 11 questions that were given to you
Nominate 11 blogs (must have 200 followers or less)
Give those new nominees 11 new questions to answer
Let the new nominees know they’ve been nominated
And these are her questions:
1. What is your ‘unpopular opinion‘?
I don’t like Nutella. I see everyone on the internet going absolutely nuts about it, eating it with almost everything and shaming people that don’t like it, but I just really don’t like it. I like chocolate paste, I love it even, but I just really don’t like the hazelnut taste that Nutella has. I don’t like hazelnuts at all, so I never liked Nutella. I’d rather have a whole jar of peanut butter to myself to be honest, oh my god I could actually eat a thousand sandwiches with peanut butter (but only the Calvé one, the others are gross).
2. If you could buy one item ignoring the price tag, what would it be?
A plane ticket to New Zealand, or a new camera, one with which I can film as well.
3. What city (you’ve never been to) do you want to visit & why?
I would like to go to Berlin, because though I’ve been to Germany quite a lot of times in my life, I have NEVER actually been to Berlin. I was supposed to go with school in my second year, but I quit right before the trip happened. And I would like to visit Wellington, and Hobbiton/the Shire (both New Zealand).
4. What do you think of thrift shopping? ‘Ew’ or a place filled with treasures?
I have never actually done it, but I would love to go to a thrift shop soon and just see what they’ve got. There might be some hidden treasures, you’ll never know! I’ll probably end up buying a lot of books, because that’s what I do. I go shopping expecting to buy lots of clothes, and I come home with a couple of new books. Oops.
5. What is your favourite Youtube channel?
Though I don’t really watch that much YouTube videos (except for the occasional cat or goat videos) often, I do have some channels that I really like. Mainstay Pro for example, they’ve made some awesome Hunger Games related videos. I also really like VG934’s channel, because they make a lot of Doctor Who trailers, that could really be actual BBC trailers, they’re that good! And of course, I wouldn’t be myself if I didn’t add Only Seven Left’s channel. They make the funniest video diaries, and they are currently releasing the diaries for their adventures in Indonesia!
6. What is your favourite singer/band/dj?
Only Seven Left and the Blackout will forever be my favourite bands. Though I haven’t listened to much ‘normal’ music lately, I have been listening to a lot of soundtracks, and out of those my favourite composers are Murray Gold (Doctor Who), Howard Shore (The Hobbit, LOTR) and all the composers from the Harry Potter movies (John Williams, Nicholas Hooper, Alexandre Desplat, etc).
7. What do you (want to) study & why?
I would love to study Photography, because I just want to become a professional photographer, though I know I probably won’t earn a lot of money with it. Or I would love to study English, because I love the language, and I want to know more about it. Or something with Mythology (either Norse or Greek), because I have been very interested in the Norse mythology since I’ve started watching the Almighty Johnsons, and the Greek because of Percy Jackson, and I would like to learn a bit more about it (and not just by looking on the internet and reading wikipedia).
8. What’s the latest magazine you’ve bought?
I think that was the Empire of August this year (I don’t buy that much magazines actually). I just wanted to have it because it had elves on the cover (Tauriel, Legolas and Thranduil), and some information about the Hobbit. And I just really like the Empire (it’s the only British magazine my local bookstore sells).
9. What would you like to read more about on blogs?
I would like to read… What I would like to read… Something awesome [/Clara voice]; no okay, ehm, I would love to read more about movies and television shows. Though that might just be because I follow a lot of book blogs, and very few ‘personal’ blogs, so yeah, maybe I just need to follow some more blogs. I will try to blog more about those things myself as well.
10. What are you going to do tomorrow – got any plans?
Well, tomorrow’s Saturday, weekend! I’ll probably sleep in until like 1pm or something, and then I’ll have lunch (cuz my dad always buys croissants for me on Saturday). Then I’ll probably finish the reviews I’ve got in my drafts, publish one or two of those, and try to make some progress in the books that I’m currently reading. Then, I’ll probably have dinner, watch a movie or an episode of a TV show that I’ve watched a hundred times already; and spend the rest of my evening on the internet. It’s kinda boring, but hey, I don’t really like going out, so yeah..
11. What do you want to accomplish with your blog?
I just want to share things that I love with people on the internet. I have a Tumblr blog to fangirl about my favourite actors, tv shows and movies, and I just wanted a ‘proper’ blog to just write about personal stuff, about books and about other stuff that I like. Also I am planning on making a large portfolio on this site, for not only my photography, but for my digital art as well.
And of course, I’m going to have to make up eleven questions myself, and nominate eleven people. I have tried my best at making up some decent questions, so here they are!
1. If you could travel back or forwars in time and space (so any planet, fictional or real), where would you go?
2. Which book would you like to see as a movie or a tv show?
3. If you could have any job in the world, without having to study for it, which job would you go for, and why?
4. Tell me about a piece of clothing that you could wear every day.
5. Do you collect anything? If so, what? Show some pictures!
6. Which movie that’s coming out soon are you most looking forward to?
7. You can become another person for one day, who would you be, and what would you do?
8. What is your guilty pleasure? (ex. a song of an artist/a genre that you normally don’t like)
9. Who is your ‘superhero’? (It doesn’t actually have to be someone with a superpower, though)
10. What did you dream last night (if you remember it)?
11. Do you have any tattoos? If so, show us a picture, and tell us the story behind it!
I feel really bad for not nominating people at this moment, but I honestly have NO idea which people to nominate (sorry!). I do follow a lot of blogs on Bloglovin’, but most of those are already ‘big’, and some of them already have been nominated in the past. I will try to find eleven blogs, but I’ll add them in the future, and let them know of course. In the mean time, if you feel like answering my questions (in the comments or on your blog), be my guest!
I have nominated the following people: