What’s this? Halfway through November and you’re posting an October wrap-up? Yeah well, what can I say except
you’re welcome I’m trash. Anyway, I’m here to talk about the books I read in October, the movies and TV shows I’ve seen and the things that happened.
Well as you can see October was not a great reading month. I was feeling a bit slumpy and I also had some busy weekends so I didn’t read much. Still, I’m happy I finished three new books and finished rereading and annotating Carry On! I honestly love annotating!
It was also not a great movie month. I went to see one movie in the cinema, but I did watch the majority of Avatar the Last Airbender!
And while I did not read much in October, I did buy a lot in October. Yeah, I know. I’m trash. But honestly, I did get a couple of books signed! Let’s start off with the physical books I bought…
- Ninth House (Illumicrate Edition) by Leigh Bardugo
- Het Schaduwjaar (The Grace Year) by Kim Liggett
- Birthday by Meredith Russo
- Goblet of Fire (Illustrated Edition) by J.K. Rowling & Jim Kay
- The Toll by Neal Shusterman
- Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix
- The Dark Vault by Victoria Schwab
Signed (all by the authors)
- Ninth House (Waterstones Edition) by Leigh Bardugo
- De Zwendelprins by Rima Orie
- The Beautiful (Fairyloot Edition) by Renee Ahdieh
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (+ the other two in the series, which I acquired last month)
- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
- Empire of Sand by Tasha Suri
- Realm of Ash by Tasha Suri
- Into the Crooked Place by Alexandra Christo
- Bone Diggers by Rose Sinclair
- Goddess of the Hunt by Shelby Eileen
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
- The Kingdom by Jess Rothenberg
- Soulbinder by Sebastien de Castell
- Queenslayer by Sebastien de Castell
- Wilder Girls by Rory Power
- The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman
- Otherworld by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller
- Gods of the Ragnarok by Matt Larkin
October was both a busy month and a month where nothing much happened at the same time. I worked 5 days a week and almost every weekend I had something planned. That is probably why I hardly got any reading or movie watching done. Anyway, here’s what happened:
- I met some authors in October! I went to see V.E. Schwab during Yalfu where I got three books signed. I also bought a book written by one of the Dutch authors and got it signed by her as well. At MCM I met Tamsyn Muir, Alexandra Christo and Tasha Shuri! I have yet to read the books I got signed, but the fact that they’re signed makes me more excited to read them!
- At the beginning of October, a part of the cast of the Shadow and Bone Netflix series got announced and BEN. FREAKING. BARNES AS THE DARKLING IS WHAT GIVES ME LIFE. Honestly I don’t like the Darkling, but having Ben play him? Oof. Also I love the rest of the cast so much and I will fight anyone who hates on them.
- My best friend decided to give an early Halloween party which ended up becoming more of a Stranger Things party than anything. We dressed up as characters from the show, had pizza and played Cards Against Humanity. It was a lot of fun!
- Then we went to MCM Comic Con in London, which was also a lot of fun. It was very cold, though, especially on Sunday (when I wore my Dark Rey, yeah maybe not the best idea but I hadn’t worn it in so long). We met up with friends, met some new people and took a bunch of cool pictures!
- At MCM I bought something to relive my youth: a Gameboy Advance! I had always said I wanted to buy a new one, so I could play Pokemon Crystal again, my favourite game. And then there was this stall at MCM that sold not only Gameboy Advances (in my favourite colour), but the game as well! I paid 40 Pounds for it all which is a steal tbh.
In November, which is this month already, I want to participate in two readathons. Both readathons continue onto December, so that’s my TBR for both months sorted. November is also the month of Dutch Comic Con, where we’re going to have a big Stranger Things meet on Sunday. Other than that, I don’t think I’m going to do much.
The new Pokemon game for the Switch is coming out, so I guess I’ll be playing that as much as I can. FYI I am getting Sword, because I want the knife Legendary!