Wrap-Up: January 2018
First wrap-up of the year, woooooh! I’ve done quite a few things this month, but we’ll get to all that in this post. First of all, I want to wish everyone the best for this year, and hope that you will all be able to fulfil your goals before the year is over! I made a post about my 2018 goals, which I hope to complete, but I won’t hate myself if I don’t! Anyway, without further ado, I’ll get on with the actual wrapping up of January!
Books bought, received
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu
- Wires and Nerve, Vol. 2 by Marissa Meyer
- Aristotle and Dante by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- Zenith by Lindsay Cummings and Sasha Alsberg
- The Future Collection by Beth Revis
- Quest for Glory by Soman Chainani
- Dark Game by Rachel Lynch
- Raelia by Lynette Noni
Well, there you go I bought five books, two of which I’ve already read, two I am currently reading and one that’s on my definite TBR for next month! I’m starting to get the hang of this. As for the ebooks, I got two of them off Netgalley (only found out that Quest for Glory is the first book in a spin-off series, not the actual first book in the School for Good and Evil series).
- Prisoner of Azkaban concert booklet
- The Force Awakens official Film Magazine
- Rogue One official Film Magazine
- Rogue One Graphic Novel by Alessandro Ferrari
- Rogue One Graphic Novel by Jody Houser
A store had this pack of both the film magazine for The Force Awakens and the one for Rogue One with a poster added. While I already owned the Rogue One magazine, I really wanted to buy it for the TFA magazine, seeing as I couldn’t find it anywhere online… So I did. And I bought two Rogue One graphic novels, because I’ve been waiting for that first one for ages, and the second one just looked really cute!
When I went to the PoA concert in Rotterdam, I knew I wanted to buy something as it’s my favourite movie. I already own a scarf from the first concert, and I didn’t really like the (two?) t-shirts they had, so I ended up buying the booklet that had information about the movie, the score and a bunch of amazing pictures.
Other things bought, received
- Ninth Doctor Funko Pop
- Dapper Sally Funko Pop
- Valkyrie Funko Pop
- Jyn Erso doll
- Bullet journalling set
- Striped shirt
Read, seen, started
- Memento by Mathieu Reynés
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan *
- The Future Collection by Beth Revis
- Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys
- Photographic by Isabel Quintero & Zeke Peña
- Akarnae by Lynette Noni
- Aristotle and Dante by Benjamin Alire Saénz
- Wires and Nerve, vol. 1 by Marissa Meyer *
- With Malice by Eileen Cook
- Zenith by Lindsay Cummings & Sasha Alsberg
- Wires and Nerve, vol. 2 by Marissa Meyer
- Bright Lights
- The Greatest Showman
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
- Dracula Untold
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- The Death Cure
And here is a list of all the movies I’ve watched for my Disney (re)watch project!
Wrapping Up this month
Five cool things that happened in January:
- I saw Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban with a live orchestra playing the score
- I started my year-long Disney (re)Watch project!
- I caught my first Mewtwo in Pokémon Go!
- I met up with my friends to eat pizza and celebrate the birthday of one of them
- I dyed my hair purple
Last month I made a short list of books I wanted to read in January and movies I wanted to see. While that movie list was incomplete, seeing as I only added the Disney movies for the first week, I did have a nice list of things to read/watch. But did I complete all those?
Want to read: Zenith,
Wires and Nerve vol. 1, Wires and Nerve vol. 2, Warcross, Batman: Nightwalker
Want to see:
The Greatest Showman, The Death Cure, Snow White, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo, Bambi
I read two of the books I had on my list, and I am currently reading two others. The fifth has shifted to my February TBR, but all in all, it’s not to bad for the first month of the year! As for movies, I’ve watched all the movies on my list, and I’ve decided to not add the Disney movies to my next want-to-see-list because there are a lot of them. I’ll just focus on the eight-or-so other movies I need to watch every month to complete my 365 movies challenge.
February is the month of Black Panther, the newest Marvel movie! I am very excited for that but other than that there’s nothing much I’ve got planned. I’m going on a trip with my mum, there’s a fabric market Tanja and I will go to, and Pokémon Go has another Community Day event planned at the end of the month.
Want to read: Rogue One Graphic Novel, Turtles All the Way Down, The BFG, Poison Study, The Titan’s Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, Batman: Nightwalker
Want to see: Black Panther, The Shape of Water, Every Day