Wrap-Up: January 2017
The first month of 2017 has officially come to an end, and it’s time to wrap things up. Because the last day of the month was on a Tuesday, I decided to post this wrap-up on Wednesday 1 February. Anyways, let’s wrap up the month where I finally got a new laptop!
Books bought, received
- The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles
- And I Darken by Kiersten White
- The Lonely Life of Biddy Weir by Lesley Allen
- Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer
- Dragon’s Green by Scarlett Thomas
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
- Spirit Quest by Jennifer Frick-Ruppert (digital)
I told myself at the beginning of this year I would only be buying three books each month. I can proudly tell you that out of these books, I only bought one. All but Carve the Mark were books I got from a friend, and I got Spirit Quest through Netgalley.
- L’uomo Vogue magazine
- Ms. Marvel volume 4: Last Days by G. Willow Wilson
- Little Marvel A vs. X by Scottie Young
- The Book of Life DVD
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My best friend went to London and saw this magazine that not only had James Mcavoy on the cover but had my favourite photoshoot of Diego Luna on the inside. Naturally, she bought two copies and I bought one off of her, yay! I also finally got myself a copy of The Book of Life on DVD, because I love this movie so much!
Other things bought, received
- Kamala Khan funko
- Mjolnir necklace
- Tablet/phone pen
- Owl statue
- Hogwarts sweatpants
- Harry Potter shirt
- Pokémon shirt
- Wonder Woman shirt
- Harry Potter illustrated tote bag
All the stuff I got this month, including everything I got during New Year’s Eve that I didn’t add to my previous wrap-up. I love the tote bag, because I just love Jim Kay’s illustrations! I also got some book vouchers this month, but I am not adding them to the picture because they’re basically printed pieces of paper and that’s not interesting. But I can spend over €40 on books right now, which is very exciting!
- General Leia funko
- Paper picture frame
- Obliviate notebook
- Hulk (fake) Lego figurine
- Cat quartet game
- Miss Peregrine’s tote bag
This is everything I got from the Secret Santa game we played on New Year’s Eve. I am particularly happy with the Leia funko because that is the item everyone wanted. I also really like the HP notebook, though I have no idea what I am going to use it for.
Read, Watched, Started
- Cress by Marissa Meyer * | | Review
- X-Men Origins II by Stuart Moore |
- Years of Future Past by Marguerite Bennett |
- Winter by Marissa Meyer * | | Review
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry |
- DW: The American Adventures by Justin Richards | | Review
- Exiles vol. 1 by Judd Winick |
- And I Darken by Kiersten White | | Review
- Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton | | Review (03/02)
- Ms. Marvel vol 1 by Brian Reed
- The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles
- Assassin’s Creed | | Review
- The Book of Life * |
- S.W.A.T. |
- The Maze Runner * | | Review
- The Scorch Trials * | | Review
- Brave * |
- Brimstone | | Review
- A Series of Unfortunate Events S1 | | Review
- Allied | | Review (in February)
Next month I am going to the Harry Potter exhibition in Utrecht and I am very excited! It was announced James and Oliver Phelps would be there on opening day to meet fans, but unfortunately, I don’t have tickets for that day. My sister, however, does and she’s going to try to get me their autographs. Other than that, I am probably going to a Hogwarts Day at Waterstones this weekend, which I am excited about! Besides these two events, I think February is going to be another quiet month with hopefully as much reading as I did this month.
I want to try to binge-read some series next month, especially ones I already have on my shelf completely. So I am going to read the Angelfall trilogy, His Dark Materials and the Chaos Walking trilogy. Hopefully I’ll enjoy these books enough to actually continue reading the rest of the series, otherwise, I’ll just try to get rid of the books.