Every year I tell myself I am not doing these, and every year I end up thinking of a couple of things I want to do in the new year. Today I am going to share with you the resolutions I’ve set up for myself for 2017. Hopefully, I’ll be able to actually hold myself to them.
- Read all my unread books – Honestly, I don’t even want to know how many unread books I currently have on my physical shelves. But I think 2017 is the right time to finally make an effort to remove all those little yellow stickers I’ve put on my TBR books. I am going to limit my rereading to Harry Potter and perhaps one other book series, but other than that I will be reading all the books!
- Watch all (unwatched) DVD’s I own – My DVD collection has grown quite a lot since I discovered the second-hand store CEX. Yet there is still a handful of DVDs in my collection of movies that I haven’t watched at all, that I basically bought because they were cheap or because there was an actor in it that I liked. Time to get them all together and watch them!
- Finish all TV shows I’ve started – Last year I got into a sort of TV show slump, where I literally only watched a couple of Marvel shows at the beginning of the year, and American Horror Story near the end. Other than that, I just wasn’t in the mood to either pick up something new or finish something I really needed to finish. This year, I want to change that!
- Buy no more than 4 books a month – That does not include free ebooks, books from Netgalley (though I am going to limit myself) and books I receive as gifts or review copies. (If I get a ‘Boekenbon’ I am of course allowed to go over this limit because technically that’s not my own money I am spending). Honestly, this is more of a ‘stop spending all my money on books’ thing rather than a ‘stop buying so many books every month’ thing.
- Write reviews for all (new) movies and books I finish in 2017 – I’ve been terrible at writing reviews, especially for movies. So I am going to challenge myself to write reviews straight after finishing a movie or a book. I’m not going to review all graphic novels I read though, but probably just the new ones.
- Save at least €25 each month after April – Right now I am saving loads for London in April, and after that, I want to save for Lanzarote, and just so I can do fun stuff without being like ‘sorry I’m broke’. So I am going go challenge myself to add anything between 25 and 50 euros to my savings account each month. Also, I want to keep this up even after I’ve reached my goal (not that I have a goal at the moment).
- Clean up my Kindle app and my Goodreads TBR shelf – I have so many books both on my Kindle app and my Goodreads shelf that I am quite possibly not going to read anymore, and I think it’s time I finally did something about it. I have no idea how to delete a book from the Kindle app but I guess I’ll figure that out.
- Get rid of books I really don’t want anymore – Aka going through my bookshelves again and picking out even the books that I’m a bit conflicted about. Because there’s no use in keeping books I am really not going to reread again. I will keep signed books, of course, but other than that some books have just got to go.
- Try to post more frequently – Which means I will try to do a Top ten Tuesday each week, of course, I’ll keep up the Behind the Scenes post, and I will definitely try to write more and more reviews each month. Maybe I’m going to look up some nice tags each month to post, and I am really really going to try to comment on other people’s blogs more! (I say this every year, but I really want to get over my comment-anxiety).
So those are my resolutions for this year! I really hope I’ll be able to hold myself to at least one of them, even if I have to force myself to it. Let’s do this!!