And the fifth month, my birthday month, May is already over. That means it’s time for another blog stats post. I have to say this month was a better reading month for me, partially thanks to the Blossom Books Read-a-thon. Of course, seeing as it was my birthday, I bought a couple more books than I intended to, but hey – that means more books for me to read this year right?!
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – Not sure why I bought this book because it’s mostly about romance and I am not a huge fan of romance, but these books were so hyped by everyone that I just decided to check out what it’s all about! (Hey a rhyme!) In the end, I enjoyed it and I will certainly be checking out the other two books in this series!
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson – Every time I see this book, I get the song with the same name by Kelly Clarkson in my head and though that is rather annoying, this book is really an awesome book!
- Mind Games by Teri Terry – I haven’t even finished her other series, Slated (still need to read the last book), but I saw this book at my local bookstore and decided to buy it. I had a giftcard with which I could buy books so I ended up paying only 85 cents for this one!
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – Oh Sarah I love you, you wrote another book that I sold part of my soul to and you will probably get the rest of my soul as well if you keep on writing these AMAZING books!
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray – Also another very hyped book that I wasn’t too sure about, but I ended up buying it anyway. And oh my god, this book has the same paper as my Hunger Games book and the Tomorrow When the War Began books that I own – I LOVE THAT PAPER! (It’s so thin and easy to read and ohhhhhhh <3)
- Frostbite by Richelle Mead – A long time ago I bought Vampire Academy even though I wasn’t a huge fan of vampires. But I really enjoyed the book, so I decided to finally buy the second part of the series now! Yay!
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews – I heard it was going to be a movie, and though I have the idea it’s going to be a sort of Fault in Our Stars, I am really curious about this book and decided to just buy it!
I have another book that I ordered that hasn’t arrived yet by the time I made this post. I will just add it to June’s post then!
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien * | ★★★★★ |
- Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn, David Levithan | ★★★★☆ | Review
- Loki’s Wolves by K.L. Armstrong, M.A. Marr | ★★★★★ | Review
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas | ★★★★★ | Review
- Bone Quill by John and Carole E. Barrowman | ★★★★☆ | Review
- Roomies by Sara Zarr, Tara Altebrando | ★★★★☆ | Review
- Crane by Stacey Rourke | ★★★☆☆ | Review
- Hasta La Vista by Judith Visser | ★★★☆☆ |
- Jar of Hearts by Cameron Jace | ★★★☆☆ |
- Kitty Hawk and the Hunt for Hemmingway’s Ghost by Iain Reading | ★★★★☆ | Review
- Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan | ★★★★☆ | Review
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson | ★★★★☆ | Review
- As White As Show by Salla Simukka | ★★★☆☆ | Review
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins | ★★★★☆ | Review
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
Books read this month: 13 books, 1 novella, 14 in total.
Total books read so far this year: 51 out of 140 books.
I am really behind on writing reviews, so I’ll probably just write some short reviews pretty soon. The ones that are striked through will not be getting a review because they are either novellas or Dutch books (or books I’ve reread, like the Hobbit, which I haven’t written a review for the first time I read them).
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling – signed by Alan Rickman (and Daniel Radcliffe).
YES YES YES! A couple of days ago I decided to go to The Hague with a couple of friends, because Alan Rickman would be there to promote a movie he’d directed. I’d brought my Deathly Hallows book, that Daniel Radcliffe had signed in September, but heard from several people that he didn’t like signing Harry Potter stuff. So I ended up buying a small notebook just in case, but when he arrived we saw he was signing other people’s books so we got out ours and he signed them, woooooooohoooooo! I now have both Harry Potter and Professor Snape in my book, oh my god!
Other things I bought/received:
- Blue skirt with suspenders – I saw it and thought ‘why not, it looks really cool!’ and though I haven’t worn it (apart from trying it on to see if it fits) I really like it!
- Two black dresses – I bought the left one because I needed a new dress for my Scarlet Witch cosplay. But when it arrived it was too long and it felt a bit heavy when I wore it. On Tumblr I saw someone had her SW dress from New Look so I went and looked on their website and saw the dress she meant which is the left one and it looks almost perfect for Wanda!
- A pair of jeans – Because I don’t have enough jeans and I got this one mainly because it looks like a pair Charlie (from Supernatural) is wearing in an episode.
- A Marvel pajama – I had wanted to buy it before but wasn’t really sure seeing as I have a lot of pajama’s already. But then I was at another primark where they had a lot of these and I decided to just go for it!
- Another Marvel shirt – Because you can’t have enough Marvel merch, am I right?!
- A pink shirt – To go with the jeans for my Charlie cosplay.
- A pink flannel shirt – ^ same.
- A new organiser – Because even though I don’t go to school anymore, and even though I have a phone, I like writing down the stuff I am going to do. Yeah.
- A notebook – I bought this one because I wasn’t sure if Alan Rickman was going to sign my HP book. He did eventually, so I kind of bought this one for nothing. But it has little ladybugs on it!
- Charlie Bradbury Funko Pop – I may have freaked out when I saw this at the American Book Center. Because on the website where I was going to order her, it said she wouldn’t come out until June. So yeah I HAD to buy her, aaaaaaaaaaaah!
- Two Thor coasters – I’d seen them around for a while already but I thought they were a bit expensive (2,95 for a coaster is expensive alright). But I saw them again a couple of weeks ago and they were 50% off. So I searched through the other not important coasters for this Thor one and found not one, but two! Yay!
- Some jewelry – A pair of earrings, four necklaces, a piece of string with which I could make the first (blue) necklace. And eleven rings. Most of these are for cosplay purposes (and most of those are for Wanda Maximoff cosplay purposes :3) (I might make a post about my Scarlet Witch cosplay soon because I am really excited for it).
- Hobbit stands – I have no idea what these things are called in English (I don’t even know what they’re called in Dutch), but on Kingsday, my friend and I saw these at a toy store in our town. We went inside and asked if we could have them as soon as they were being replaced, and a couple of days ago we got to pick them up. This one has Thorin on one side and Bilbo on the other (which you can see on the picture), and that just makes me a bit sad because ?!?!?!?!?! Yeah.
Things I’ve done this month:
- Met Alan Rickman – Didn’t get a picture with him though, because he doesn’t do that, but I got him to sign my book which made me really happy. Afterwards we had pizza at a restaurant with an amazing concept. You basically get a little card, and then you walk to these areas to order your food (pizza, pasta, you know italian stuff). You swipe your card and the order gets added to it. Then you get a little pager which goes off when your pizza is ready and you have pizza, yay! Then afterwards, you go to the register, swipe your card and pay the amount that’s on there! EVERY RESTAURANT SHOULD DO THIS. Seriously.
- Turned 23 and celebrated it – I haven’t celebrated it for friends yet, but I am going to do that either next month or the month after because of summer holidays. But I celebrated it two days before my actual birthday for family. I had a Marvel cake and I got lots of money, which I will probably spend on books and Funko Pops, wooooh!
- Ate a lot of pizza – Like really a lot. I had pizza on the day I celebrated my birthday, the day after, on my actual birthday, last Monday and Wednesday after meeting Alan Rickman. So yeah, I love pizza a lot. So much it deserves its own thing. PIZZA!
- Read thirteen books – THIRTEEN! (Okay fourteen, counting the novella, but I don’t so shhhh). I still can’t really believe it, seeing as last month was the WORST reading month so far this year. Last month I only read about three books and a novella, and this month I just went through a lot of books at top speed! I am very happy about this, because this makes me think I can probably still make those 140 books this year!
- Finally ‘manned up’ and watched the Spiderman movie – I am very VERY scared of spiders. Like if I see the word mentioned I get itches all over my body for the rest of the week. This was also one of the reasons I didn’t want to watch any spiderman movies, because I knew there would be a spider in there, even if it was only for a couple of seconds. The Amazing Spider man was worse though, it had a lot of spiders in it, and they were in there for more than a couple of seconds. But I got through it, watched the movie and loved it!
- Moved from foreverisalie.nl to octobertune.nl and cancelled the first domain – It hurt a little bit to give up the domain that I had for I think over five years, but I wanted something new – something that ‘fit’ me more. I had been using ‘October Tune’ for a long time now, as a photography name, and after a while I decided I wanted a domain for it. So I finally bought one last month and finally moved everything from FIAL to Octie, yay!
Movies/TV Shows I watched this month:
- Agent Carter season 1 | ★★★★★ |
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier * | ★★★★☆ |
- Agents of Shield season 1 | ★★★★★ |
- Godzilla (2014) | ★★★☆☆ |
- Tangled * | ★★★★☆ |
- The Amazing Spiderman | ★★★★☆ |
- The Avengers: Age of Ultron * | ★★★★☆ | Review
- Kingsman: The Secret Service | ★★★★★ |
- X-Men: Days of Future Past | ★★★★☆ |
Things I am planning on doing next month:
- Going to the Efteling – A friend of mine is celebrating his birthday at the Efteling, a theme park in our country. I love the Efteling and I really love being there with friends!
- Celebrate my birthday for friends – Maybe this month, maybe the next, it kind of depends on which date we choose. But we’re going bowling and barbecuing, and I just really love being around my friends.
- Read 8-10 books – This month was a surprise for me, the amount of books I read. I hadn’t expected to read so many books, but here we are. I have decided to just try and read at least 8 books next month, and it would always be amazing if I went over that goal, which I might seeing as I will probably start rereading Harry Potter.
- Go out into the sun a bit more often – Usually, when the sun is shining, I want to sit outside with my window and curtain closed and just read or watch a movie/TV show. I don’t like the summer that much because it’s too warm and the sun usually gives me a headache. But yeah, maybe I’ll just take my book outside and try to read there this time. Maybe.
Books I want to read next month: The Murder Complex, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Shattered, Mind Games, The Mark of Athena, Frostbite, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, Reckoning, All Our Yesterdays
Movies/TV shows I want to see/finish next month: The Amazing Spider Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Project T, Jurassic World, Daredevil S1, Supernatural S10, Agents of Shield S2
Book Jar 2.0:
Honestly, I am not sure why I am still trying – because again I failed to read the book I pulled out of my tbr jar. Oh well, I was just in the mood to read other books this month. Oh well, I’ve pulled out another book this time – and I am determined to actually read it! Yes definitely! Anyway, June’s Bookjar book will be: