So, December, here we are. The month in which my favourite band played their last ever show, the month in which I saw the Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies for the first, second, third and fourth time; the Holiday month. The month in which I got some amazing Christmas presents, but also the first month this year that I did not buy any books at all!? Yes, you heard it right, I did not buy any books this month. I did order one, but I won’t receive and pay for it until January.
- Kitty Hawk and the Hunt for Hemingway’s Ghost by Iain Reading
- Kitty Hawk and the Icelandic Intrigue by Iain Reading
- Kitty Hawk and the Tragedy of the RMS Titanic by Iain Reading
After finishing and reviewing the first book in this series, I got an email asking me if I wanted to read the rest of the series as well. Seeing as I did enjoy the first book, I said yes; and so I received the other three books as well, which I will read in the new year!
- Kitty Hawk and the Curse of the Yukon Gold by Iain Reading | ★★★☆☆ | Review
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien * | ★★★★★ |
- Tooth & Nail & Fairy Tale by Cameron Jace | ★★☆☆☆ |
- Lights Out by Holly Black | ★★★☆☆ | Review
- My True Love Gave to Me by Stephanie Perkins | ★★★★☆| Review
- Life Before Legend by Marie Lu | ★★★☆☆|
- Prodigy by Marie Lu | ★★★★☆ | Review
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa | ★★★☆☆ |
Books read this month: 7 books, one novella, 8 in total
Total books read this year: 120 out of 120
Books behind/ahead of schedule: 1 book ahead of schedule
Other things I got for Christmas:
- A Slytherin tote bag
- Pug and Giraffe gloves that I can use on my phone
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition DVD
- A necklace with a snowflake
- A Bugs Bunny plushie (it’s a long story, I used to have one when I was a kid, and then I lost it)
- Some shower/body gel
- A card with which I can buy books (!!!)
- Nailpolish that changes colour in the heat/cold
- A little candle holder with an owl on it
- A grumpy cat wallet
- A bracelet with owls and stuff
- And my favourite, a Christmas jumper that says ‘Let me take an #elfie’
So these are all the things I got for Christmas, I am very proud to say that there is nothing in there that I bought myself, yay! I am really happy especially with the bugs bunny plushie, the DVD, the jumper, and the book gift card!; I am still awaiting one present for my sister and myself, but it didn’t get shipped until the 15th of this month so it probably won’t arrive until January..
- A Legolas Funko Pop! figure – I have always wanted one of these, but I could never decide which one (and the ones that I had on my to-own list were all sold out in the shops I looked); but then my friend Diane bought me one for Christmas and it’s Legolas and IT’S AMAZING!
- The precious (aka the one ring, aka the thing that caused so much shit in the Lord of the Rings) – When my friend asked me if I liked the one ring in gold, silver or black I didn’t really think much of it, but she bought both Diane and me these rings in the colour that we prefered and that made me really happy because I’ve always wanted the One Ring but I just never bought it because of reasons, haha!
Things I’ve done this month:
- Went to see The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies four times – I didn’t really mean to watch it four times, I actually was happy with only seeing it once or twice, but the third time I got asked because someone was ill and the fourth time we went with our French friend because why not.
- Saw my favourite band play their last ever show – and I only cried like two or three times during each song (okay no, I did cry when they played my favourite song, October Tune, but surprisingly I didn’t cry that much during the show, only afterwards).
- Finished my reading challenge two days before the end of December – I was so afraid I wasn’t going to make it, after two years of making it well before the end of December; but this time I may have asked a bit too much of myself. Eventually, I did finish the last book I was reading and thus finished my reading challenge. Next year I am going to read 125 books. Definitely.
- Celebrated Christmas, and watched the DW Christmas Special – Christmas was really nice, and so was the Christmas episodes; it was a very mind boggling episode though and I am a bit afraid of the headaches I have now, but it was an amazing episode and I do think it’s in my top favourite episodes list.
Things that happened on the blog:
- WWW & Wishlist/Waiting On Wednesday: 10/12, 17/12, 24/12
- Top Ten Tuesday: 30/12
- Non-book Reviews: The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies
- Best of 2014: Best of posts, In 2015 posts
Amount of posts made in November: 32
Amount of posts saved as drafts: 4
Things I am planning on doing next month:
- Start working on my cosplays for HobbitCon – It will be only four months until HobbitCon next month, so I will start working on my cosplays in January. I will look up pictures of the elves of Mirkwood, and just hope there will be a good version of the Battle of the Five Armies, so I can use some screencaps of one them to finish my cosplay.
- Read ten books – Maybe a bit too much already, but it’s a good way to start this new reading challenge. Luckily, on Leafmarks, rereads will be counted too so I will probably use that website more for the reading challenge than Goodreads.
- Read at least one Dutch book – Like I said in my Top Ten post yesterday, I am planning on reading at least one Dutch book a month. I have already started a Dutch book which I will probably finish in January, so I guess I’ll just count that one.
Books I want to read in December: Ensnared, Fairest, Slated, The Alchemyst, The Body Electric, Ignite Me
Movies I want to see in December: If I Stay, The Doctor Who movie, Horns, Unbroken, Into the Woods