I love book series, probably just as much as I love standalone books, but the waiting in between books kills me every time. Sometimes it’s a couple of months, sometimes it’s a whole year, or even longer! This is my top ten of sequels – released or unreleased – that I can’t wait to get my hands on! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the people from The Broke and the Bookish.
1. Frostbite by Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy #2) – I wasn’t a fan of the first book when I first started reading it, and I actually put it down after 40-or-so pages. But when I actually purchased a physical copy and finished it, I started to like the book a lot more. So I am very excited for the second book in the series, and all the other books that are in this series, but I still don’t own a copy of them. I am just really bad at finishing series, ha ha ha..
2. A Grimm Warning by Chris Colfer (Land of Stories #3) – Not my most favourite fairy-tale retellings (that one is on number three of this list), but I really liked these books. At first, I wanted to read the series because Chris Colfer wrote it and because I was a huge fan of Glee; now I just want to read them because they’re enjoyable. The third book had officially been released already, but not in paperback – and I own the first two in paperback, so I’d like the third one in paperback as well. Oh well, it’ll probably be released in about a year or so..
3. Winter by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #4) – This is my favourite bookseries that retell the fairytales I grew up with. Winter is the fifth (but fourth in the story about Cinder) and final book in the series. In January next year, Fairest will be released too but I believe that’s more of a prequel. Anyway, I just can’t wait to get my hands on Winter, because I just LOVE this series!
4. Ensnared by A.G. Howard (Splintered #3) – Another awesome retelling of a story that I grew up with, Alice in Wonderland. This one is a bit creepier than the Disney version though and I absolutely love it. The last book ended a bit with a cliffhanger imo and I just can’t wait to own Ensnared, because LOOK AT THAT COVER! *squeels*
5. The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson (Shades of London #3) – Damn you Maureen Johnson, damn you and your amazing story-telling. I loved this series, I loved its characters and its scary moments. But what I didn’t love was the end of that second book. Oh wow, how dare you. And this third book, I believe, has been pushed back as well so yeah it made me a bit sad. But the cover is beautiful and the release date gets closer and closer every day!
6. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Mara Dyer #2) – I bought the first book in this series over a year ago, put it on a shelf and never looked at it again, until I was at my gran’s house for a week and decided it might be nice to start reading this book. And boy was it exciting! After finishing the first book, I immediately added this one to my to-read list, but yet I still haven’t bought it. My excuse was that I wanted to wait until the third book was out, but now that that’s out I still haven’t purchased it. Oh well, maybe in December..
7. Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder (Study #2) – Another book series I kind of fell in love with (even though I have only read the first book). I wasn’t very sure of it in the beginning, but the more I read, the more I loved it and I just swore to myself to buy all the books and read them all – and here we are; I still only own Poison Study, I still haven’t read Magic Study or any of the other books in the series. Oops.
8. Please Remain Calm by Courtney Summers (This is Not a Test #2) – One of the few zombie books that I actually liked, mainly because it wasn’t really full of zombies. But the ending was quite unsatisfactory to me, and I was really hoping for a novella or a complete book to tell us what happened after the book ended, and we got what we wanted! Please Remain Calm will be a novella as far as I know, but that doesn’t make me less excited!
9. The Third Miss Peregrine’s Book by Ransom Riggs (Miss Peregrine’s #3) – Though this book isn’t on Goodreads yet, and thus doesn’t have a title/cover yet, I am so excited for it! I can’t wait to get my hands on the book, and look at the pictures while reading the stories, and just reading more of this amazing story! Yes yes yes!
10. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me #3) – I really enjoyed the first two books in the series, and after finishing the second book I told myself I needed to buy this one asap.. That was in February and yet I still haven’t bought this book. Like I said before, I am just terrible at finishing bookseries, and Shatter Me is one of them. But I am just going to get myself a copy as soon as I can.. Mainly also because I just love those covers!
So these are the sequels I am really looking forward to reading. What are the books on your list? Leave a comment with the link to your post, or just your list if you don’t have a blog/don’t participate in TTT!