It’s been a while since I’ve done a proper wrap-up, and honestly, I am not going to bother with the months I’ve missed. So anyway, here’s the wrap-up for the month of July, the first month where I don’t have to ‘worry’ about my reading challenge (I reached that goal in June already). Still, I read quite a lot of books and watched a bunch of movies.
Books bought, received
I am happy to announce I only bought one physical book this month, and I basically only paid shipping for that because it was damaged. And that was Lifel1k3 by Jay Kristoff! I did get some books through the kindle shop, some from the Kindle Unlimited page. And I got the first four books in the Air Awakens series by Elise Kova from Amazon as well! I guess that concludes my book buying this month!
What happened this month?
- I caught lots of shiny Squirtle and also lots of Squirtle Squad Squirtles, got another Mewtwo invite and caught a shiny Articuno and Zapdos!
- Received my first GeekGear box which I loved so so much! Definitely going to keep it until at least the end of the year!
- Started making one of my Zelda cosplays. I did a couple of simple things, like cut up pieces of cardboard for the lyre and I made the belt as well.. Can’t wait to actually make the dress asap.
- Saw the beautiful Blood Moon, even though I missed its peak (which was at 22:22 local time, but the moon wasn’t high enough in the sky at that point) it still looked really beautiful an hour later!
- Went to my aunt’s funeral which was both sad and really beautiful. There were tears, but there was also laughter, and at the end we basically just had some drinks and snacks with the entire family. My other aunt and uncle (my dad’s remaining brother and sister) came over to our house later and we had pizza.
I have an entire Behind the Scenes post for July up, which you can view here.
What’s going to happen in August?
Book-wise, I am going to read a lot, hopefully. Because the NEWTs readathon is starting! I am very excited about this, because the OWLs readathon was so much fun already, and this one is going to be a bit more challenging. I’ve posted my TBR in this post and at the moment of me typing this I have already finished one and am halfway through another. I am also going to visit the Boekenfestijn again. They’ve announced a new location, which is a five-minute trip with the bus for me, so I am definitely going to visit, even if I might not buy anything (then again, I know myself and I know I will).
Furthermore, I am going to continue working on my cosplay, though I don’t know if I’m going to get the fabrics for the dress this month of next month. I also have another Zelda cosplay I need to continue working on, but I need my friend’s help for that.